We are actively taking the following safety precautions
- All patients will have the option for a tele-medicine visit if appropriate to the situation.
- All patients will be screened for COVID-19 symptoms by phone prior to and on the day of their appointment.
- All employees will have their temperatures taken at the start of the day.
- Employees with a fever or suspected infection will be sent home for 14 days.
- All patients will have their temperatures taken. Any patient with a fever or suspected infection will be referred to their primary care doctor and their appointment rescheduled for at least 14 days.
- All patients and staff will be required to wear a mask while in the building. A mask will be provided free of charge if you do not have one.
- There will be frequent deep cleanings of all commonly touched surfaces.
- Breath shields have been installed on all slit lamps.
- Plexiglass barriers have been installed in the check-in and check-out windows.
- Air purifiers utilizing UV-C lamps and Photo-Electrochemical Oxidation will be used throughout the office.
- Exam and procedure rooms will be periodically treated with UV-C lamps (commonly used for air and surface disinfection in hospitals.)
- Only a limited number of patients (3-4) will be allowed in the office at any given time. There will only be 1-2 people allowed to be in the waiting room at a time.
- Family members will be asked to wait in their vehicles. (Exceptions will be made on a case by case basis to accompany minors, wheelchair patients, or frail individuals.)
If you have ANY questions, please feel free to message us on our website www.craigbergermd.com, on our Facebook page www.facebook.com/BayAreaEyeInstitute/, or give us a call at (813) 265-6940
Thank you for your cooperation & we look forward to seeing all of you again!