Avagen genetic eye test
AvaGen delivers precise genetic data for personalized eyecare decisions
- Personalized: AvaGen uses DNA to accurately assess your individual genetic risk or likelihood of karatoconus and determine if you have a corneal dystrophy.
- Preemptive: As a genetic test, AvaGen relies on your DNA and not physical changes in your eye, allowing for earlier detection and proactive management.
- Painless: A DNA sample is simply taken from the inside of your cheek with a cotton swab.
AvaGen helps your doctor understand:
- If you’re at risk for keratoconus.
- If you have a corneal dystrophy.
- Whether or not you can undergo corneal procedures, including vision-correction procedures like LASIK
Learn more: www.avellino.com/en/patients
Give us a call to set up your test! (813) 265-6940